What I do
- Define mental models and clarify use cases
- Translate business requirements into user journeys
- Partner with researchers for validation
- Create artifacts to describe interactions
- Rapidly iterate on designs based on feedback
- Ensure designs are implemented to spec
What I deliver
- User flows
Google – Worked on a messaging platform that supports 80+ Google products at scale.
With the best team of designers and researchers we were able to explore, test and validate designs with great success.
I created sketches, flows, designs and prototypes based on user feedback and cooperation with engineers and user researchers.
To learn more contact me directly.
Target – An Android redesign with emphasis on searching and browsing.
- Drove the design of the navigation and interaction
- Created prototypes to explore interaction patterns
- Researched the competition
- Participated in usability testing
- Led card sorting exercises
I created a number of mobile prototypes using Apple’s Keynote application to help define the interaction. An edge swipe-able multi-panel navigation was the result. Wireframes
The prototypes were tested with users and confirmed the direction. We learned interesting things about how different types of users shop on mobile devices. Mocks
Monitise – This project involved iOS and Android wireframes and mockups for City National Bank.
City National Bank
Monitise's client required user flows, wireframes and mockups for their iOS and Android banking apps. Special care was taken to account for the differences in UX patterns that each app required. Various ux enhancements were made to modernize the apps and improve mobile banking experiences.
I led user testing sessions and was involved in client meetings to finalize the designs. There were hundreds of pages of wireframes and mockups.iOS mocks
Dow Jones – A mobile prototype for users migrating from BlackBerry to iOS and Android.
A mobile-optimized prototype of the MarketWatch website was needed to cater to users migrating from BlackBerry devices to iOS and Android.
- Provide a mobile-friendly experience for iPhone and Android visitors
- Provide access to market data and news
- Optimize graphics and layout for mobile dimensions
- Display a logical navigation scheme
- Build a prototype using the jQuery mobile framework
The protoype was created using jQuery mobile. I created the user interface and revised the jQuery templates to accommodate the MarketWatch brand. Challenges included how to treat the display of images, the navigation structure, and how quotes and embedded videos would be handled.
- Dow Jones
- frog design
- General Electric
- Mayo Clinic
- Oxygen Media
- United Health Group
- Sketch book
About David Sundrum
The mobile web is a passion. I find many of the constraints in designing for the mobile web similar to conditions during the early days of the internet. Slow or poor connection speeds, being forced to limit file sizes, tiny screens and more are issues we have to deal with today, just as we did years ago.
Drawing and sketching is what I do most. I love pencils and paper. I find it interesting that the wood around pencils, their carbon filling, and the paper drawn on all come from trees. Drawing can be seen as a form of recycling.